With the new technology of laser hair removal many people find themselves confused when asked the difference between laser hair removal and Electrolysis. The following I hope will answer some of your questions explaining what you need to consider when making your decision on what option is best for you.
Electrolysis Permanent Hair Removal
- Technology has been around for over 135 years and has excellent track record
- Is the ONLY method FDA approved for complete permanent hair removal
- Electrolysis can treat ALL hair types on ALL skin types
- Targets one hair at time, ensures accuracy
- Can be done anywhere on the body(except inside nose)
- Hairs are removed at the time of treatment
- Can be done on large or small areas, appointments can be as frequent as needed
Laser Hair Removal
- Technology has been around for about 20 years
- Only approved by the FDA for long term hair reduction (40% to 80%)
- Targets melanin (pigment color of the hair) and BEST results are on Dark coarse hair and light skin
- Not effective in treating blond, grey, red hairs and even hairs that are dark but too fine. Also not safe on tanned skin or dark colored skin
- Hairs treated take from 2 to 14 days to fall out.
- Can induce hair growth in areas where hair is not dark enough